Student Rights & Responsibilities: Student Responsibilities
- Students are expected to comply with the policies, procedures and regulations established by the Board of Trustees. Students are obligated to respect the rights of others and to refrain from any actions endangering the health, safety, and welfare or property of others.
- The Seattle Community College District prohibits the abuse of alcohol and the unlawful manufacture, distribution, possession, and use of illicit drugs. This policy applies to all employees and students of the Seattle Colleges while they are on District property or while they are conducting college business, regardless of location.
- State motor vehicle laws and the Seattle traffic code apply to campus traffic. The speed limit is 15 miles per hour on campus.
- The possession of firearms on campus is illegal.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against students who violate standards of conduct established by the college. If informal procedures do not resolve the issue, formal committee proceedings may be initiated.