The Drama program focuses on the general study of dramatic works and their performance. Drama classes include instruction in major works of dramatic literature, dramatic styles and types, musical theater, schools of dance, and the principles of organizing and producing full live or filmed productions.
Spring, 2017, the Drama Department proudly presents Eugene Ionesco's zany, absurdist play, RHINOCEROS, in the Erickson Theatre.
The production runs June 1–3 and 8–9 at 7 p.m., June 7 at 3:30 p.m. and June 10 at 2 p.m. Tickets are available at the door. General public $10. Faculty and Staff $8. Students $5. Cash only, please.
Drama Courses Offered
- Introduction to Theatre (fall and winter)
- Acting (fall, winter, spring)
- Introduction to Technical Theatre (spring)
- Play and Script Writing (winter)
- Rehearsal and Production (spring)
- Introduction to Concert Dance One, Two and Three
Purdue University, English, M.A.
University of Oregon, Theater, Ph.D.