The Retention Response Committee
The main objective of the Retention Response Committee is to improve student retention at Seattle Central College. The committee offers faculty the opportunity to learn more about the potential barriers facing students which might impact their learning and their persistence in college.
Through a series of workshops provided throughout the academic year, as well as Summer Institutes, faculty are given the resources and the knowledge to improve their teaching and their interaction with students.
Examples of workshops which have been offered to faculty:
- Syllabus as a Learning Contract
- Brain Compatible Learning Strategies
- Effective Classroom Management Strategies
- Resources and Referrals
- Information Age Teaching
- Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Disorders
- Effective Classroom Accommodation Strategies for Students with Psychological Disabilities
- Working With Younger Students
- Working With Sex Offenders in the Classroom
- Dealing with Difficult Students