Once you register at Seattle Central, we recommend that students meet with an advisor during non–registration periods (week three through seven of each quarter) to develop your academic plan.
Advising helps transfer students with their educational plans and goals. During quarterly registration periods, Seattle Central advisors can help with selecting courses and review transcripts from other schools to approve course pre–requisites that have not been officially evaluated and incorporated into a permanent record.
The advising and college transfer staff are committed to collaborating with students in the development and achievement of their personal and educational goals. Through the formation of a mentoring relationship, we provide clear and comprehensive information that empowers students to become self–directed learners.
Academic Advising Offers:
- Help developing long–range educational plans
- Guidance with Seattle Central degree requirements for your transfer degree
- Interpretation of COMPASS placement
- Unofficial transcript evaluation
- Discussion of requirements to facilitate a successful transfer to four–year institutions
- Referrals to other college services and resources
- Help with researching majors
- Assistance with schedule planning
We do not advise Running Start, International, Professional/Technical, or Basic Studies students. Please visit the following links for more information on those programs: